vendredi 24 avril 2020




Expert Author Sarah Schwab
As business owners who are building an online platform, we are a bit like Viktor Frankenstein building his "monster." My daughter is reading Mary Shelley's "Frankenstein" in her seventh grade English class, and it got me thinking.
Every blog article is sort of like a single part of the body - an ear, a nose, a finger. Each one has an important purpose, contributing to the whole. But individually, they are limited in their functionality.
It Evolves
Like Dr. Frankenstein, we often don't have a clear picture of what the entire body or platform or message will be when we start out, or when we create each individual piece.
But as more parts are added together, a picture begins to emerge.
This is why creating content on a regular basis can be a critical part of your business growth and development. So much more can come out of it!
It's Alive!
Once the amount of content reaches a critical mass, and enough care and thought and energy have been put into it, it starts to take on a life of its own.
It starts being recognized by the Googles, and reaching people you've never met before.
It starts generating more ideas to fill in any gaps that may exist.
I had a moment when my content really came alive recently. I had to put together a talk for a business organization. In preparation, I went through previous talks, workshops, and teleclasses I have given. What I found was a history of the evolution of my message.
I found traces of important pieces of my Content Marketing Strategy before I had named them. I found analogies, stories and metaphors to help explain the concepts. And most of these things evolved from blog articles I had written over the course of about three years.
I gave the talk last Friday, and felt like it was the best presentation I had given to date.
I'm not trying to toot my own horn. I just want to illustrate the power of building a content platform that really comes alive.
A quick side note - while we can all envision Dr. Frankenstein yelling "It's Alive!" from the original 1931 movie, this line never actually appears in the book. You can thank my daughter for that little piece of trivia.
Which part comes first?
So if you don't know what the whole picture is when you start any given piece of content, how do you know which part to start with?
The answer is simple. Start with what you have right now. What knowledge and resources do you have that you can share? That piece may pose new questions, lead to new ideas, and that's how the cycle continues.

This post have 0 komentar


EmoticonEmoticon

Next article Next Post
Previous article Previous Post