vendredi 24 avril 2020




Expert Author Sarah Schwab
Decisions, decisions, decisions!
Maybe it's selecting what to order from an extensive restaurant menu. Or choosing which event to attend when two are happening at the same time. We are faced with many decisions every day. Hundreds of them, if you really stop to think about it.

 ⏩

Some of them are easy, like what to have for breakfast or what to wear (that one is generally easier for men than women, in my experience).
Other decisions are more involved. They may require gathering additional information or input from others.
One thing that is clear about highly productive and successful people is that they are good at making decisions. They make decisions in a timely manner, and deal with the outcomes as they occur.
To Decide Or Not To Decide
I don't know about you, but I am not a very good decision maker.
I can handle the easy stuff. In fact, I am pretty productive person and make lots of decisions that I can implement myself.
But when it comes to things that require the involvement of other people or more coordination, I struggle.
I get too wrapped up in the different possibilities. I magnify the things that need to happen in order to gather the appropriate information or to execute the decision. I worry way too much about making the wrong decision. (And later I beat myself up for making wrong decisions, or not making the right one soon enough.)
What happens is I freeze.
I do nothing. I wait to see if things will just "work themselves out."
And here's the thing. Stuff does actually work out one way or another. Days continue to go by. But there isn't a lot of change or growth that happens if you are frozen.
Being wrong
In order to become more decisive, I have to accept the possibility of being wrong.
I mean, no one can be right 100% of the time. We're human beings, and we make bad decisions all the time. It's not the end of the world.
Plus, a lot of decisions don't really have a "right" or "wrong," just different outcomes. Trade offs. Maybe several outcomes are good, just in different ways. Maybe none of the outcomes are good, but you have to choose one anyway (I hate those kind!!)
Making decisions takes a strength of character that can manage the outcomes, no matter what they might be.
Each year I choose a word to guide my actions, priorities and growth. This year, my word is decisiveness.

Continue Reading "Becoming More Decisive" on the next page To See More!




This post have 0 komentar


EmoticonEmoticon

This Is The Newest Post
Previous article Previous Post